MES have now put their flashcards online with audio. Great for use on chromebooks and during the current online learning. (slight warning in that uses American english so need to be careful using some of the vocabulary for UK English speakers eg trousers – pants)
Learning languages through the sharing of recipes and culture.
Click on the image to go to the website and download the app.
We hope you will enjoy learning languages while cooking and also that you will take part in our online community and add your own favourite recipe using our ‘recipe builder’ – the Linguacuisine authoring tool.
Help people all over the world learn about your own language, culture and cuisine and learn yourself about other countries. Tell others how the cooking went and how the food tasted on our online community.
This is a social story to support children during the Covid-19 outbreak translated into different languages.
Talking to children about Covid 19 using talking mates, video and hand washing guidance.
Also available in many different languages https://www.mindheart.co/descargables
Covid 19 Guidance in 44 different languages
Here is a link to translated information from the NHS from Doctors of the World.
Use this to share with parents and older pupils.
NALDIC have produced a useful list of websites and activities for EAL pupils who are currently at home. Take a look and see what would be useful for you and your pupils.
A table for secondary EAL students to record key vocabulary in different subjects.
- Key vocabulary can be provided by subject teachers (if new to english) or by the students themselves when they start a new topic.
- The table can be adaped for any language, but here are a few templates.
Below find links to the flyer and application forms to the SATEAL Conference on Saturday 21st March in Edinburgh University. This conference is open to primary and secondary teachers, PSAs and ASN teachers who are interested in developing good practice with EAL learners.
These leaflets are published by Aberdeenshire EAL Service and promote bilingualism and the benefits of maintaining and developing home languages. They are published in a number of different languages and aslo have links for further information.
- Arabic Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Bulgarian Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Chinese (Simplified) Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Czech Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- English Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Hungarian Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Latvian Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Lithuanian Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Polish Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Portuguese Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Punjabi Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Russian Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Spanish Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Urdu Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5