Below find links to the flyer and application forms to the SATEAL Conference on Saturday 21st March in Edinburgh University. This conference is open to primary and secondary teachers, PSAs and ASN teachers who are interested in developing good practice with EAL learners.
These leaflets are published by Aberdeenshire EAL Service and promote bilingualism and the benefits of maintaining and developing home languages. They are published in a number of different languages and aslo have links for further information.
- Arabic Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Bulgarian Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Chinese (Simplified) Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Czech Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- English Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Hungarian Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Latvian Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Lithuanian Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Polish Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Portuguese Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Punjabi Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Russian Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Spanish Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Urdu Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
This document is designed to support schools reflect on what makes a good EAL environment and what measures they could take to improve the environment for EAL pupils in their locations.
Any feedback on the document to help improve it and make it more useful would be welcomed. email@example.com
This guide provides lots of links to suggested strategies, activities, research and other materials for teaching EAL pupils. Where you see a blue triangle click to get more information. Lots of good material here which could provide a backbone for understanding the teaching of EAL pupils.
Click on logo for more…. or
This is a free online course lasting 4 weeks offered by the University of Glasgow.
Started on May 13 so be quick if you want to sign up.
Details can be found here
Good link to a CPD session hosted by LALCO (Language and Literacy Research Group) looking at:-
- Teachers’ beliefs about meeting the literacy needs of pupils learning English as an additional language
- Bilingualism and (bi)literacy: myths, facts and challenges
- Early reading in languages other than English: similarities, differences and transfer
- Multi-contextual vocabulary instruction for children learning English as an additional language
You can also sign up to the network to access future resources and research findings.