This website has a large number of bilingual glossaries for EAL pupils to use in class to support their learning. They are available in all these languages and for a number of secondary subjects.
- For: Chemistry, English, Geography, History, Maths, Physics, Science, Secondary
- Language: Albanian, Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, Thai, Ukrainian, Urdu
- Purpose: Dual Language, New arrivals, Vocabulary, Word lists
This 16-minute video for all Highland Council school staff is an introduction to supporting Ukrainian pupils and their families in our schools, with signposting to further resources and support.
Presented by Educational Psychologist Carrie Yavuz and EAL Teacher Alison Roy.
Please note that this video can only be opened by staff with a Highland Council Google email. Please ensure you have logged into Chrome with your Highland Council google email.
We have collated a selection of resources to support schools in welcoming families from Ukraine.
Click on the image for Nursery/ Primary or Secondary or Families. This will take you to a google doc with links to the resources. Please note that these are live documents and are being added to as new resources and information becomes available.
- For: All Education Staff, Parents, Primary, Secondary, SFL
- Language: Russian, Ukrainian
- Purpose: Best Practice, Dual Language, Information, Interactive resources, New arrivals, Word lists