NHS Inform has lots of different health information (including about Covid 19) in different languages and in an Easy Read version.
Talking to children about Covid 19 using talking mates, video and hand washing guidance.
Also available in many different languages https://www.mindheart.co/descargables
Covid 19 Guidance in 44 different languages
Here is a link to translated information from the NHS from Doctors of the World.
Use this to share with parents and older pupils.
NALDIC have produced a useful list of websites and activities for EAL pupils who are currently at home. Take a look and see what would be useful for you and your pupils.
A table for secondary EAL students to record key vocabulary in different subjects.
- Key vocabulary can be provided by subject teachers (if new to english) or by the students themselves when they start a new topic.
- The table can be adaped for any language, but here are a few templates.
During the last school closures, many teachers used SEESAW to link up with their pupils. High numbers of EAL pupils/parents did not engage with work that was posted:
This link shows how to use translation tools in SEESAW to ensure that EAL Pupils and their parents can also link in with materials posted through the site.
- For: Parents, Primary, SFL
- Language: Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Chinese, Czech, Farsi, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malayalam, Mandarin, Nepalese, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Tagalog, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Purpose: Dual Language
These leaflets are published by Aberdeenshire EAL Service and promote bilingualism and the benefits of maintaining and developing home languages. They are published in a number of different languages and aslo have links for further information.
- Arabic Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Bulgarian Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Chinese (Simplified) Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Czech Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- English Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Hungarian Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Latvian Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Lithuanian Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Polish Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Portuguese Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Punjabi Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Russian Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Spanish Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
- Urdu Be Bilingual – A4 Trifold v5
Lots of different resources including some translated letters about holidays in term time; Polish dual language resources for different subjects and topics at all levels, nursery, primary and secondary; procedures and assessments and other materials. Worth a browse.
Essex County Council have produced a number of booklets with useful phrases for new pupils in a variety of languages. Can be used by teachers and pupils to ease communication and by parents to get messages across to schools and vice versa.
Available in the following languages:
- Booklet for new EAL pupils_Arabic
- Booklet for new EAL pupils_Bulgarian
- Booklet for new EAL pupils_Hungarian
- Booklet for new EAL pupils_Italian
- Booklet for new EAL pupils_Latvian
- Booklet for new EAL pupils_Lithuanian
- Booklet for new EAL pupils_Mandarin
- Booklet for new EAL pupils_Nepalese
- Booklet for new EAL pupils_Polish
- Booklet for new EAL pupils_Portuguese
- Booklet for new EAL pupils_Romanian
- Booklet for new EAL pupils_Russian
- Booklet for new EAL pupils_Spanish
- Booklet for new EAL pupils_Tagalog
- Booklet for new EAL pupils_Thai
- Booklet for new EAL pupils_Turkish
- Booklet for new EAL pupils_Vietnamese
start early and
stay active for life
Here is a link to downloadable resources Play At Home in English and Polish. These resources have been developed by the NHS to encourage early development through play at home.
The NHS website says:
play@home activity sheets
These Polish resources have been made for Primary pupils. Click on the link to download the word lists.
If anyone is developing word lists in different languages and they would like to share them, please share with EAL Team to put onto the blog. Thanks.